PDCA: Vocational School Requirements
To achieve and maintain compliance with the below noted "Related Laws" on YOUNG WORKERS-Vocational School Requirements, it is necessary to have the following management system foundations in place -following the PLAN, DO, CHECK, ACT system structure:
- Up-to-date legal requirements and commitments (policies/activities) to ensure young workers (students/interns) are correctly hired, including working hours, wage structure, work conditions such as hazardous areas are restricted, and accommodation such as a dormitory is provided accordingly.
- Procedures and accountability to implementing the young workers' (student/interns) policies/activities, particularly identifying and contracting between the schools and appropriate protections regarding health and safety while working.
- General training for management and workers on the young workers' (students/interns) policies/activities and technical training for managers/hiring team/human resources staff on effective agreement/contracting process during hiring.
- Documentation of procedures on screening and young workers' (students/interns) protections.
- Periodic Management System Owner and Team Members review how effectively the overall system performs.
- Meeting legal requirements.
- Aligning with customer's requirements.
- Protection of children's health, wellbeing, development, and access to education.
- Support educational/vocational growth.
The following sections provide a detailed example of the PLAN, DO, CHECK, ACT contents needed. This content can be used as a starting point by any factory to build out their management system and cross-check and compare an existing system.